Ayurvedic herbs are a key component of Ayurveda, the traditional practice of medicine of India. Practitioners will generally use ayurvedic herbs to “cleanse” the body, boost defense against disease, and keep the mind, body, and spirit in balance. Gokharu or Gokshura is one such herb Gokshura is a small leafy plant that is a member of the caltrop family. It grows in cold and hot temperatures and is often found in India, especially in the Himalayas.
Gokshura churna is a traditional herbal formulation that aims at both revitalising and rejuvenating the body. It aims to strengthen the body. The host of anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties of this formulation makes it extremely beneficial for improving kidney functions and treating a number of genitourinary problems like urinary tract infection, urinary distension, urinary calculi, dysuria, difficulty in micturition, treating osteoarthritis, gout and relieving from sexual problems.
Some of the benefits of Gokhru powder as follows-
- Helps in body building – A substance called Protodioscin saponin present in Gokshura is an effective ingredient that benefits bodybuilding. Protodioscin aids with nitric oxide discharge, increasing the oxygen-rich blood flow to the muscles. This permits muscles to use the protein in our body to its fullest and consequently help with bodybuilding and fitness.
- Helps in Urinary Related Problems- Gokhru benefits for male include relieving urinary problems. Gokhru kanta powder is an impeccable remedy for treating painful urination, urinary incontinence, and urinary tract infection (UTI). If you’re facing intense burning in your vaginal region, it could be a sign of UTI – Urinary Tract Infection. Gokharu lessens the burning sensation by diminishing the harmful E Coli bacteria that is the source cause of UTI. As a potent herb with anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties, it normalises urine functions.
- Improves Kidney Functions – The traditional formulation promotes healthy functioning of the kidney by aiding in the excretion of excess uric acid and maintaining the uric acid level in the kidneys, thereby preventing or treating gout. The anti-lithiasis property of Gokshura churna prevents the formation of kidney stones, helps to break or reduce the size of the formed ones and thus prevents various underlying health conditions like polycystic kidney disease, kidney stones, and cystitis. It is helpful in managing diabetes and hence combats underlying symptoms like frequent urination.
- Improves Skin Health- Being an antioxidant and a natural cleanser, Gokhru powder protects your skin from harmful sun rays. If consumed regularly, it can help manage wrinkles, dark circles, fine lines, etc. Moreover, it can also be helpful in reducing itchiness, acne, pimples, and skin infections. Other Ayurvedic herbs for skin should also be used to obtain a clearer texture of the face.
- Gokshura Reduces the Symptoms of PCOS- PCOS or Polycystic ovary syndrome is when cysts grow outside of your ovaries. Usually, a hormonal imbalance and more male hormones are present in the female body. PCOS also results in irregular periods. Gokharu consumption can help remove excess water present in the cyst, thus decreasing its size. It also ensures to improve female reproductive organs, maintain hormonal levels within your blood and even help eggs mature into follicles.
- Improves Libido and Sexual Health- Gokhru powder helps improve the sexual health of men because of its powerful spermatogenic properties. It helps treat low libido and teratozoospermia (an increase in sperm percentage with abnormal semen form) while enhancing sperm production and testosterone levels. It is also recognised as a viable Ayurvedic and Homeopathic treatment for erectile dysfunction.