Bhangra powder or Bhringraj powder is derived from Eclipta Prostrata – a herb that has wide use in Ayurvedic medicine. This wonder herb is a remedy for treating a lot of diseases and ailments.
Bhangra or Bhringraj is also known as Kesharaj which means “Ruler of the hair”. It is rich in proteins, vitamins and antioxidants which help protect the body against certain infections. Apart from being good for hair, Bhringaraj has numerous health benefits like offering relief from respiratory disorders, relieving pain and much more.
Bhringraj powder is considered as a ‘Rasayana’ or rejuvenator. In India, people have been using this herbal powder for ages.
The whole plant (Panchang) of Bhringraj is used to prepare ayurvedic and herbal medicines. Bhringraj Juice (Svarasa) is used in many ayurvedic formulations including Bhringraaj Oil, Neelibhringadi Oil, and Mahabhringraj Oil.
Some of the benefits of Bhangra Powder–
- It improves immunity- Bhringaraj has immunity boosting properties which offer protection from the harmful germs in the environment that we are constantly exposed to. The magical ayurvedic herb holds high value in improving the general stamina and energy level of the body. The active ingredients in bhringaraj reduce weakness and fatigue and improve the vitality of the body. It also improves the function of the adrenal glands which in turn helps in reducing the stress levels.
- Antioxidants- The antioxidants present in Bhringraj powder can help in fighting harmful free radicals in your body. These antioxidants help in keeping diseases at bay.
- It is good for skin- Traditionally, bhringaraj has been used for treating skin diseases as well. Bhringaraj fights the fungi which causes skin infections. Topical application of paste of bhringaraj leaves on the skin helps in dealing with skin infections. Eczema and skin boils can also be treated with the help of bhringaraj.
- Gastric ulcers- Stomach ulcers result in heart burns, burning pain and nausea. Bhringaraj can help in dealing with stomach ulcers which caused because of taking aspirins and anti-inflammatory drugs regularly. Extract of bhringaraj can help in reducing gastric ulcers induced by aspirins and alcohol.
- Palliative for headaches:- Make a paste of Bhringraj powder and coconut oil and apply to the forehead for migraine relief. This aids in
the alleviation of headaches.
- Good for eyesight:- Bhringraj’s powerful Chakushya qualities make it particularly good for strengthening eyesight. It also prevents macular degeneration. Carotene helps to eliminate the free radicals that cause macular degeneration and the formation of cataracts, so including some Eclipta prostrata to your herbal diet regiment can keep your vision clear for years.
- Urinary Infections- Eclipta prostrata consists of good amount of antibacterial and antiseptic properties that make it highly effective at preventing and treating infections. When taken for a urinary tract infection, it can effectively reduce discomfort and neutralize the bacteria to restore normal function to your bladder.
- Hair Health- Premature hair loss or thinning, dandruff is main hair problems, the whole world are facing in this recent time. Bit of bhrigraj or bhangra powder to your hair care routine is a very good idea for curing such problems. You can mix it with shampoos to moisturize the scalp, preventing dry skin and consequent dandruff. Additionally, it can strengthen follices and follicle beds, preventing hair loss and slowing down conditions like male pattern baldness, while also providing a rich luster to your locks.