Aam Ghutali or mango kernel, which is usually thrown away, can be a cure which can solve many health problems. It is a big-sized creamy-white seed in the centre of the mango. This seed of mango contains rich supply of nutrients and antioxidants. Aam ghutali Powder is prepared from the dried mango seeds also known as kernel/ghutali. The The mango seed can be eaten, but only in unripe mangoes. Once the mango gets ripened, the seed tends to get hardened, which can only be used in powdered form. The seeds are cleaned, dried in shade and blended into fine, brown powder. Some of the benefits of mango seed or Aam ghutali are as follows-
- It serves as a check on cholesterol levels . Aam Ghutali is known to increase blood circulation in the body which in turn reduces the cholesterol levels in the body. They alter enzymes of the intestines and liver to reduce absorption of glucose. Thus, eating Aam Ghutali powder helps in reducing the unwanted cholesterol levels and also regulates the blood sugar levels.
- Mango seed powder can help to cure diarrhea or dysentery, when consumed with honey. Thus, in order to prevent problems like diarrhea and dysentery, it is recommended to take mango kernel/guthali in a powdered form.
- Aam ghutali helps in boosting digestion. People who suffer from the problem of acidity can consume aam ghutli powder. Aam ghutali is rich in phenols and phenolic compounds, which helps in aiding digestion. In addition to it, it contains antioxidants, consumption of which helps in flushing out the toxins from the body.
- It can help obese people to lose excess weight.
- Aam ghutali powder is rich in C-reactive protein levels. Aam ghutali powder is rich in vitamin C, thus it is like a magic remedy for scurvy patients. One can also generally consume this to fulfill his/her daily dose of Vitamin C.
- Aam ghutali powder can be consumed so that the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases and hypertension is minimized.