The tree is native to Africa, Middle East and India and grows wild. The botanical name of babul tree is called Vachellia Nilotica (formerly Acacia Nilotica | Acacia Arabica). The tree belongs to the genus Vachellia. Since babul tree is found in plenty along the Nile river, it was given the species name of Nilotica.
The tree grows to a height of 15 to 20 meters and has thorns on it’s branches and produces yellow flowers with spherical heads, has dark bark and long constricted pods that almost look like a necklace.
Some of the benefits of Babool Patti Powder-
- Anti Fungal & Anti Viral Properties- Babul leaves have wonderful anti fungal & anti viral Properties. Both the methanolic and water extract showed strong anti fungal and anti viral properties.
- Treats Epiphora- Leaves of babool trees are beneficial in treating epiphora that is watering of the eyes, in which tears flow onto the cheeks due to abnormality of the tear drainage system. You can boil about 250 grams of in one and a quarter liter of water until only a quarter-liter of water is left. This should then be filtered and kept in a well-corked bottle. The eye-lids should be painted morning and evening with this liquid.
- Antioxidant Properties- Babul tree is rich in polyphenols and all parts of the tree including leaves, bark and pods are known to exhibit strong antioxidant properties and can help prevent diseases caused due to oxidative stress. An extract of any part of babul tree has amazing antioxidant properties.
- Leaves of Babool Beneficial for mouth ulcer- For the problem of mouth ulcer, one can chew babul leaves and keep it in a mouth for a few minutes and then split. A decoction prepared from the bark of the plant is used for gargling in the diseases of mouth ulcers and bleeding gums.
- Analgesic, Anthelmintic & Anti-inflammatory Properties- Babul leaves have wonderful pain relieving, inflammation reducing and parasite expelling properties. The leaf got by boiling the leaves in water can be taken to reduce pain and inflammation. It can also be taken to expel worms.
- Effectively Heals Wounds- The leaves of babool are valuable in healing wounds. The leaves and bark of babool possess potent anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which aid in controlling bleeding and infections which speed up the healing of wounds, cuts and injuries. Take a small quantity of babool leaf powder and sprinkle on the wound for quick healing.
- Enriches Skin Texture- Babool leaves works amazingly well to heal dry skin problems like itching and flakiness. The powerful anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antifungal properties of babool leaves are beneficial in treating various skin conditions. Furthermore, babool leaves sustain the skin radiance and glow.